Monday 2 April 2012

Machines

I love the machines in Holland.    They have a machine for every job, or so it seems, and many are very sophisticated.   And none of it lies, old and rusty, on farms or in building yards either.   Machines are taken care of, used and then recycled somehow.    I am impressed. 

There are machines for cleaning out the canals, a shredder plus cutter on a boat.   Very efficient.    All the machines needed to lay a cobbled road are impressive.   And that is not including the number of men needed for the job either.    There are machines that move furniture up the sides of very tall houses so that it can be lifted through windows.  So much easier.    

So I thought |I would include a few machines that I saw on this trip to Houten.

This machine is a crane which lifts the dormer window up to its position on the house.    Each day I could see the crane from the top floor in Aaron and Kylie's house, as it moved along the streets replacing dormer windows in state houses.   Raphy loved this machine.   
No ladders required here, but a machine that lifted the window cleaner up to the height required, and hey presto, the windows are cleaned in comfort.
 The farm machinery!    Not unusual I know.   But these big brutes had just been involved in the transferring of liquid fertiliser from a truck into the farm dispensing machine.   I think they were off to spread the manure onto the fields.    The smell told us this was probably an accurate assumption.
 The machine which unfolds so that it can spray two rows of fruit trees at a time.    No organic farming here.
This is not a local machine, I know, but a cute bicycle and carriage sitting outside a shop selling Indian ornaments.   
 Unfortunately there is no photo of the grass cutting machine as the driver was just too fast.    He cut the strip of grass in front of the house in seconds, and then he was gone.   I have seen him racing around the parks at a super fast speed.    I think he is practising to win a competition for the fastest grass cutter around, or maybe he is really a Grand Prix driver, trying to earn some extra money in between races.

No comments:

Post a Comment