Wednesday 14 May 2014

Success!

I have passed my first Coursera course, Internet History, Technology and Security, and received my certificate, with distinction.  And most importantly I gained a huge amount of knowlege about computing and the internet.  All so interesting too.

The course lasted ten weeks, with about an hour of lectures each week, plus a quiz, which I completed as I travelled around Australia, New Zealand, and Kuala Lumpur.  I also wrote one essay and completed a 40 question, multiple choice, exam at the end.

The course was run by the University of Michigan.
I have now started another 6 week course, through a university in Paris, about the European Union.  Walter is also doing the same course.   A new topic of conversation!
The lecturer is a very handsome young man with such a cute accent, which is a little distracting.  For me, not Walter, I hasten to add. 

We have just completed our first weekly quiz, not an easy subject, but I can pretty well name all the Treaties, significant events, plus dates, so a good start I think.

If anyone is interested in the courses just type Coursera into your search engine and their web site will appear.  All courses are free and there is no obligation to complete the assessments, however your learning will increase if you do complete them.

No comments:

Post a Comment