Monday 27 July 2015

Afternoon tea at the Savoy

Afternoon tea at the Savoy. A flash affair.  And a birthday treat for me. 

 The line up of the ladies, Karen, Daphne, Judy and me.
Our car?   Oh we wish.
Our table.  Elegantly set, of course.
My new scarf.
First course.  Now where does one start.   Delicious sandwiches and scones.  Lemon butter too, a new experience with scones.
Second course.   The pastries.  A colourful display.  But what to choose.  So we chose all the pastries and halved them between us.  I liked the strawberry pastry the best.
Finally, the cake.  We all chose a thin slice of Victoria sponge.   Thin?
And of course it was all washed down with a quantity of tea.   Verbena for me.  Tea leaves in a silver tea service.  Very nice.
The tea room was very swish, and ornate, with a metal gazebo in the centre, and an artificial skylight above.
What a delightful birthday treat.  I felt so spoilt.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment