Wednesday 25 August 2010

Camping Manjastre

We have been here 10 days now and time is going by too fast. I am currently sitting in the bar writing this blog - the stars are out, full moon and it is warm. We have just finished our wine - great meal too which I have cooked. The teenagers are sitting behind us giggling - I think we are in their space.
What have we been doing? A lot of eating, swimming and generally doing nothing. Donna and I get up at 8 a.m. and go for a run - at least Donna runs and I tag along half heartedly. We then go for a swim which is the reward for running. The water is currently warm - last week it was freezing. At least we feel we are doing something in the way of keeping fit and running off the food.
Yesterday I took the kids to the water park - they did the energetic things and I sat in the shade and read. Great day. Today Donna and I went to the beach and spent time looking at everyone else doing the same thing. Unfortunately swimming was marred by objects floating in the water (plasters, washing up sponges, bits of carpet etc). I think this was due to the storm a week ago which has moved some of the debris sitting around on rocks. I hope this is the reason!
We went to Bormes market this morning - had to park on top of the hill because there were so many cars which was great going down to the market but hard work going back. The market is impressive because there are so many local arts and crafts for sale.
So life goes on here - relaxing, drinking, eating and swimming - but sadly only six more days to go.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are enjoying the sunshine. It's a bit cooler over here I think. I have even put stockings on.

    ReplyDelete