Sunday 29 August 2010

Our holiday has nearly finished.

This is the last post before leaving Camping Manjastre on Tuesday. The weather is glorious - perfect sunshine and very quiet because most people have left. There will no no photos of me for a few days (or weeks) as I have a black eye, which I have put down to a camping accident whilst perfectly sober (10 a.m.). In full view of all and sundry I walked out of the caravan with a full basin of soapy water. The intention was to tip it under a tree. However, I tripped over a tent peg and fell forward (heavy basin tipped me) onto the pedal of the bike. (Honestly this is true). I cut my eyebrow and bruised my cheek and the final humiliation was being covered with soapy water and dirt. My pride was severly damaged in the process. I spent the next few hours sitting with an ice pack on my face which has helped. However there will no photos.
The wind also started blowing yesterday morning (a southern type of mistral) and by 10 p.m. I thought our caravan was going to blow away. Then it stopped suddenly - it has been reported that there will be another wind tomorrow. (Or so they say!) The wind here can send you mad.
The food and wine continues to be excellent. We had a trip to Ikea (always important to do a bit of shopping) and other than only having square pillows they sell the same products as in the UK. Donna bought a new laundry basket and we bought a new bin and lights for the annex - both are very smart.

On Thursday we went to the port of Londe - took ages to find, although it is only a 10 minute drive away. This was a lovely find and one we did not know existed. I think it is a very well kept secret and one the locals don't want the tourists to find. It is all very quiet, lovely restaurants and a very sandy (and not busy) beach. I have attached a photo of the port of Londe (it still looks luxurious I know).

1 comment:

  1. Ouch for the black eye. Though otherwise it sounds like you have had a great holiday. I hope you are feeling lovely and relaxed now.

    ReplyDelete