Monday 14 May 2012

Duxford

While Susanne and I went on a shopping expedition, Walter and Brian travelled north to visit the Duxford Imperial War Museum.   The museum which is situated on a famous WW2 airfield, houses 200 aircraft, tanks, military vehicles and boats.   There are also interactive displays.    Not my idea of a day out.   But it appeals to many, including my husband and my brother.

 Displays include the story of British and Commonwealth aviation.

There is a display showing how ground
combat has changed over the 20th Century,
with displays of military equipment from different conflicts.
 A prop from the movie 'Saving Private Ryan'.
The tank is made out of cardboard or wood
or plaster.   A mock-up.


There is a display which shows
headquarters from the Second
World War.

The story of Britain's air defence from the First World War to the Cold War is shown in the museum, and there is a display which shows the withdrawal of troops from Dunkerque.

There is much to see, for people who like this sort of museum.   Maybe I will visit it one day, but I do not think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment