Thursday 6 December 2012

Technology - too much of it!

My brain is currently in overdrive.    Too much technology.   Too many decisions.

 There has been a long gap (over a week) since my last blog.   The reasons are due to 1) I cannot reactivate the credit card facility with Google, 2) I have made a decision about a new blog company, 3) I have a new mobile telephone.

So to bring some order into my life I will describe each reason.  Perhaps this will clear the mind somewhat.

1.   One might think it is simple to reactivate my credit card facilities with Google, but that is not the case.   Google will not reactivate the account unless I follow their instructions.   I must 'reverse the chargebacks' which I take to mean that I will have to pay the amount that was credited to my account from the app company.    See previous blog.   But I could be wrong.    My ability with language does not extend to the term 'chargebacks'.   The adviser at the bank is insistent that Google needs to sort out the problem.    So I cannot buy web space for uploading photographs.

I will continue to write blogs on Blogspot, but without photographs, which brings me onto the second reason.

2.    I have researched blog sites.   I need support.    I am not a web designer, unfortunately, nor do I have the skills to completely go alone.    I must say that there is plenty of information on the web, regarding blogging, but blog sites cost money, and sometimes it is a lot of money.   A big and a lucrative business. But   I have found one, and have a months free trial, and then will pay 5 pounds a month.    Whereas Blogger is free, and buying web space is only about 5 pounds a year.    So will see how I go with it, regarding uploading photographs, and then attaching a link to this blog.   However, Google Blogger is far superior to any other Blog site that I looked at, for a personal blog, that is.

3.   I was due for an update on my phone.  Instead of a BlackBerry, which has become a bit 'old hat' when compared to the super smart phones that are now available, I now have a Samsung Galaxy 3 mini.   I remember when I first became the owner of a BlackBerry, way back in 2006, when the first IPhone was released, the BlackBerry was considered to be superior and more reliable then.   But not so now.

So I am now up there with the crowd, if there is such a thing, with the latest mobile phone.    But of course I found, that within three days I had used half of my data allowance, and had to charge my telephone daily.    More complicated and smarter telephones equals using more data and battery life.   One cannot win.

And to sum it all up.    I think writing my thoughts in this blog has cleared the brain, a little.    I really do like Google Blogspot, and although I am a little disappointed in not being able to purchase more web space for photographs, I would like to continue using it.    I am also very excited about starting another blog, which is in a totally new format and decidedly more personal.    And finally, I just love my new mobile phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment