Wednesday 22 April 2015

Shoes, shoes and more shoes

I have never been one to own many shoes.   A couple of pairs of sensible shoes for work, a pair of shoes for casual wear, trainers, sandals, walking boots and wellingtons, have usually sufficed for my needs.  Comfort has been a priority.
    
Now I know there are many people that have an abundance of shoes, and some that love shoes so much,  they cannot resist buying yet another pair.   Even if they do not need them. And need I say that some of the shoes people buy are quite frivolous to say the least.    Usually impulse buying of shoes is not really my style.   But I think I am joing this group, the people who cannot resist buying shoes.

When I first retired, I kept the sensible working shoes, but never wore them, so they finally went to the charity shop.   Then I went through a period of collecting flip flops, due to spending my time in warmer weather.   

But now I am constantly on the lookout for colourful flat casual shoes, and they seem to be popping up everywhere I visit;  the Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand and the UK.   Colourful shoes, just waiting for me to buy them.    So irresistible. 

All ready for summer.
And I must not forgot my new dark pink trousers, bought on a whim last October, when visiting Utrecht, Netherlands.   Perhaps I need a pair of pink shoes to match the trousers.  A good excuse.
The mid spring weather is just glorious, and warm enough to wear lovely colourful shoes, but instead I am wearing my sensible Merrill grey walking shoes.   Typical.  

No comments:

Post a Comment