Tuesday 14 April 2015

The selling bug

Selling items, on Ebay, is an activity that I do not often participate in, due to being lazy.  It is much easier to take small items to a local charity shop, and hope that they make some money from the items donated.

However I knew that the charity shop would not be interested in our foldup bike.  Too large.  And there was no one who we could give it too either.  So we sold it on Ebay.
We bought the bike, together with another  one, when we bought our first motorhome in 2007. The two bikes were put in our 'garage' underneath the top bunk.

They were very trendy, and many a teenage boy commented on them.  Admiration of course.  Unfortunately they were not suitable for anyone with long legs.  I always felt that my knees were going to hit my chin when riding the bike. Most uncomfortable.

 So we bought grown up bikes when we traded the motorhome in, for one that had a bike carrier on the back.  We gave one bike away and kept one for guests to use, as long as they were of average height.
So while I was at it, I also sold the dress I wore to Donna and Patrick's wedding.  Someone advised me to keep it in case I went on a cruise.  Perfect for the formal evening dinner, I was told. But I am never going on a cruise, and it was such a pity to keep such a beautiful dress hanging forever in the wardrobe.  So it has been sent off to be used again.
I auctioned both the bike and dress.  It was fascinating to watch the bids being put in.  So now I have the Ebay bug.   I wonder if I have anything else to sell.   Perhaps another good clear out might be in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment