Thursday 24 September 2015

Gardening or not!

Gardening or not!   Well I think it will be, not, except for a bit of weeding and cutting out of the old branches of the cultivated blackberries, plus getting rid of the rogue prickly blackberries that tend to spring up in the most inaccessible parts of the garden.   And I must not forget to level the side hedge, using our new electric hedgetrimmer, but I will need Walter's help with the job, as the trimmer is heavy.  Walter will hopefully be keen, due to machinery being involved in the task.  But any massive cutting back of shrubs, trees and hedges will have to wait until we return at the end of January, as the leaves will have barely fallen when we leave in three weeks time.  And I need the branches to be bare of leaves, so that I can see what I am chopping back.

So I will ignore the overgrown garden,
and the mole activity.   It would appear that Mr Fox has been trying to dig down to find Mr Mole.

When Walter scooped the dirt off the next mole hill he found the entrance to the tunnel open.   Perhaps Mr Mole had been trying to escape Mr Fox.   The nightly activity in our top garden.

The garden looks much better when the sun is shining, so one can ignore the weeds,
and get out the sunlounger.   Why waste such beautiful sunshine.
However I did trim the bushes, ivy, prickly plants and spider webs back from the side of the steps.  Just so that I can get up to the garden without getting wet, scratched or caught in a myriad of webs.
But I am just a little envious of the immaculate garden behind us, viewed through the trellis.

No comments:

Post a Comment