Wednesday 25 January 2017

Tour Down Under - again

Santos Tour Down Under, which I have written about before, I know.  However, it is an exciting event, and one which we never tire of seeing.  The cycle race, plus the cricket and tennis, dominates at the moment.  I am currently trying not to be tempted into spending a few hours glued to the television screen, watching the tennis.  It can be very addictive.

Last Thursday, we walked with Donna, Lucy and Jay along Jetty Street to watch the start of the race, which went from Glenelg to Victor Harbour.

A chance for me to pose in front of the support vehicles.
The support cars left early.
Around the corner the cyclists were getting ready to start.
There were plenty of people lining the road.
The camera man balancing precariously on the back of a motorbike.  Quite a balancing act.
The start.  Off they go.
I always find it amazing how many people there are, dressed in lycra and out on their racing bikes.  By the look of some of them I would guess that they had not ridden very far.
We walked quickly around to the cafe behind the playground and managed to get a table at the cafe.  Time for a much needed coffee break.
Mosely Square, quite deserted after the race start.   The people in lycra had also taken their bikes and cycled home or if keen, cycled elsewhere.
Victoria Square, the central home for the Tour Down Under.
Walter wearing his two free hats.
And a much more glamorous photo!  I intend to take my hat to Camping Manjastre.  But perhaps I will put a new band on it, which matches the hat and does not have the Sandos logo on it.  I love the blue colour.
And now the city of Adelaide looks normal again.  But we still have the cricket and tennis on television.  And perhaps I will now just watch the tennis for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment