Saturday 16 September 2017

Blue skies and sunshine at Camping Manjastre

Good news!    Sunshine this morning.  And it is amazing how a bit of sun lifts one's spirits. 

We went for our usual walk, no tripping over, just a relaxed fast walk for both of us.   There was one small moment of anxiety for me.   I knew the pig hunters were in the hills on other side of the valley, but not near the track I was on, or so I thought.    As I went around a corner, there was a pig hunter in his red hat, leaning on his rifle.   His faithful dog was standing beside him.    The dog was very keen to come and greet me, but was reprimanded very quickly.   In my poor French I asked if I could carry on walking and he said 'oui', and waved me on.   The heart was pounding a bit.   I am not sure if he was the rear guard, waiting for a pig to run out of the bush, or the lookout person who was keeping an eye on stray people walking past.   A little bit of excitement to start my day off.

The view from our caravan canopy.    Look at the wonderful sunshine.   I sat in the sunshine for all meals today.
 The swimming pool looked so calm and peaceful this morning.   A choice of loungers too.   Now where will I sit today?    I did go for two swims, very bracing and refreshing too.   Loved it.   Plus I lay on the loungers and soaked up the rays of the sun.   Bliss.
 I also went with a friend, Sue, to the small beach of La Fossette, where we soaked up the sun, while admiring the view.    The sun shimmering on the choppy water.   It was a little breezy.   But not to worry, as there was sunshine.
And now it is time to climb into a lovely bed, with clean sheets.   A great drying day as well, so made the most of it by washing sheets and towels.  

I love sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment