Thursday 15 March 2018

Patience

This afternoon Walter dropped another envelope, containing an answer to a query from the buyer's solicitor.   I wonder if solicitors involved in conveyancing justify their existence by asking obscure questions.     

Our property is a little complex, in that there is a joint freehold of two maisonettes, with each owner leasing their property.   Access to the house is via an 'unadopted' road.  These two factors have caused difficulties with the sale of the house, although we have lived here for nearly twenty six years and never had any difficulties with either factors.    However we have taken out two indemnity policies, on the advice of both solicitors which cover our buyer in the future, should any difficulties occur with  the building insurance, maintenance of the building and the road in front of the house.     All this comes to an extra £480.   In the end we want to sell the house, so felt that we had no choice but to pay up.

An unadopted road, is one that is not maintained by the council.   People can have access to the road as it is not a private road, and each house owner is responsible for the part of the road in front of their house, according to the website on 'gov.uk'.

The paper work to date.  My apologies to readers but I think I need to write the list in order to clear my head.

I have completed the: Memorandum of Sale, Personal Details Questionnaire, Purchase Information Form, Property Information Form, Sale Information Form, Fixtures & Contents Form, Leasehold Information Form, Conservatory Questionnaire, Leasehold Form signed by both current tenants.
Plus
I have answered a seemingly endless list of queries relating to the above forms, dropped off the forms to the solicitors after completion, written many emails and made numerous telephone calls and of course paid for two Indemnity Policies.

And so it goes on.   

But today the sun is shining, and Bobbi loves it.   She is sunbathing, by the way, and not dead.   She is also no doubt waiting for me to take her for a walk.   Our one day of sunshine.
My new dark blue spotty wellingtons.    More short rubber boots really, and easy to put on, but certainly not high enough for our muddy woods.   But in light of the fact that I will be only using them for a few months here, I felt they were more suitable for hotter climates, especially for walking on the wet sea grass and sand below the cliffs at Aldinga Beach.   More air around the ankles.   For a few short minutes, before I wore them the first time, I thought about standing on a snake in them.   No protection for the legs.   However, for all the bush walking and camping I have done I have never stepped on a snake, so I doubt that I will do so in the future.   I cannot take them back now, and get a normal pair of wellingtons as they are covered in mud.   
Ah, my lovely snow boots which will be absolutely no use in Adelaide.   Off to the charity shop I think.    So warm and comfortable.
The moles are feeling happy too, and cleaning out their tunnels.   I will not miss the moles.
The rhubarb is growing rapidly.
The jonquils are flowering.   The small shrubs are about to burst into leaf and the camellia flowers are starting to open up.   Spring is in the air.
But more than anything else we need to be patient, as we wait for the slow progress of the house sale, and keep our fingers crossed that it does happen in the end. 

And politically and economically the United Kingdom is not in a good place right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment