Wednesday 16 March 2011

At meubel land today

My bike went to the cycle shop today to have an expensive fitting of gadgets so Walter and I went out in the car, which was quite a novelty for me! No tip run either! We went to Ikea for free coffee and appelgebak. Walter has spent so much time in Ikea lately that he has become a valued customer.
Me looking very happy with my coffee and cake. I am not sure how happy Walter is but even the Ikea cafeteria is gezellig! See the low slung lighting! Then we visited the Meubel (furniture) Boulevard where there was an amazing amount of designer furniture, at a price of course.
Some of it was quite over the top! A slinky bedroom!
This couch was extremely large and it rocked! Interesting concept!Transformation. I have become a designer hen!
Mia partly dressed as St Nicholas with Connie's wedding finery on her head. Looking very swish!
Our bikes after their expensive refits. I know they look the same but I can assure you they are more comfortable to ride!
The work on the loft area is still taking shape. The study has walls and a light now. It also has a beautiful view over the woods.
And the laundry has a window, a small sink (to the left) and a bench to sort the clothes on.
The wardrobes are finished, but did not photograph well due to the lovely shiny white doors. But the rest of the bedroom is taking shape too.And I forgot to say that the sun has been shining for the past two days. Wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Designer Hen, would love to be out shopping with you (and Walter, esp to the coffee and cake shop!) We have our first Qld Ikea store here now and its quite an experience! xxj

    ReplyDelete