Monday 8 April 2013

Show Homes in Nelson

A visit to a city is never complete unless there is a visit to to see some show homes.  It is also a great way to fill in a quiet Sunday afternoon, during the Easter break, when all else is closed, or overcrowded with visitors.

This house is not a show home, but I liked the way the house nestled into the front garden.   The flax bushes on the right certainly complement the garden, but then I have been fascinated by flax bushes during this trip.   I have been told they are a nightmare to have as a garden plant, as the leaves become dead looking, and difficult to cut, without the plant looking very mangy.    
 The show homes, two of them only, but both are large and very comfortable looking.   They come with a high price, unfortunately.
 Margaret playing the part of hostess, and looking very glamorous.
An outside bath!  I did not follow instructions, and lie down in the bath in order to have my photograph taken.   A girl has to have some pride.  
 I could easy live in this house, especially if the furniture is included in the price.    Margaret and I settling in for the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment