Tuesday 30 April 2013

Spring has arrived

In a very senior moment last night, I deleted my last blog, called Activities I think.   Done in a moment of frustration, not with my blog, but with the site, and hey presto the blog was gone for good, never to be retrieved again.   So of course I intend to use the photographs again, just in case you have sudden moment of deja vu when reading future blogs.   You will be correct!    So much for senior moments.

The good news is - Spring has arrived!    Hurrah.   And for people down under, the skies are genuinely blue, and have not been superimposed onto the photograph. 

When we came home on the 10th April, it was as if time had stood still for three months, but within a few days the sun came out, and the temperature rose.   Now there is so much colour around it is dazzling.  The world around us has burst into life.   Wonderful.
 A week ago the leaves on the miniature willow was about to burst open.    Now they are fully open.
 The grape hyacinth hiding among the shrubs.
 The flowers on the hedge are ready to burst open.   And it will be a sheer wall of white blossom.
 And the forsythia is in full bloom.
 The leaves on the silver birch had just opened up a week ago,
 and today the leaves have fully opened and the tree is clothed in summer green.  
 I am not so happy to see this little flower, and I am frantically digging the offending plants out, whenever I see a flower.   I know Dandelions have pretty flowers but they end up with seed heads that disperse their seeds in all directions, thereby causing a major problem in the garden.  I sometimes think it is a losing battle, so perhaps I should cultivate this little beauty, for the flowers, and for salads.    
 And time to mow the lawn, I mean the moss.   Walter in action.  

Coffee outside on the terrace.   
We have had many opportunities to use our new table and chairs.   Although still a little chilly to sit out there in the evenings.    Not quite Adelaide temperatures yet.   But summer is around the corner, we hope.   We feel optimistic.    

No comments:

Post a Comment