Tuesday 28 May 2013

Jersleber See, Germany

I am feeling very happy.  All due to solving of problems, electronically.   I now have my blog page back, as against the blank page which I could not write on.   A long story, which relates to messing something up on the computer and to successful problem solving today.   And the other success is that Walter realised that I could charge the battery in my camera, via my telephone charger.   Thank you Walter.  I know I did not believe you at first.  I had left the battery charger at home, and was on the last dregs of battery life today.  And I was getting desperate.  So hurrah, on two counts.  

Now to go back a few days.    Last Thursday morning we loaded up our van again, drank some coffee to give us a morning boost of energy, said a reluctant goodbye to the Aaron, Kylie, Mia, Abi and Raphy, and set off, in the rain of course, to travel to the eastern part of Europe, which I believe is now called central Europe. 
 And it carried on raining, as we travelled quickly along the main motorway, the E30, until we went through the hills before Hannover, and suddenly it stopped.   We were very pleased, although we knew that the weather was not going to be great for the next few days.

Well we mostly travelled quickly, except when we were stuck in a traffic jam, which continued on for kilometers around Hannover.
We arrived at the campsite by Jersleber See late in the afternoon.    It was cold but at least there was no rain.   Jersleber See, is by Magdeburg in Germany, and is a lake which was made during the construction of the local canals.   The water in the lake is very clean and great for swimming, in hot weather.   There is a small beach,  brought in from a local beach no doubt, a journey of a couple of hundred kilometers or more.  

Walter enjoying the lovely fresh air, and sand under his feet.
The campsite, was full of permanent vans and could do with a bit of loving care in the grounds, but the facilities were new, and very clean and warm.   There was no getting cold while showering there.

We went to the snack bar by the lake and ate schnitzel and chips, not very healthy I know, but very satisfying on a cold day.   Plus an enormous beer each, well a shandy for me and a full strength beer for Walter. The other customers in the snack bar were very friendly and either shook our hands when they came in, or tapped on our table, which must be a local custom.  

Then it was off to bed, in our cozy van.   An early night, in readiness for the journey into Poland.

No comments:

Post a Comment