Saturday 1 March 2014

Hello New Zealand

No I have not disappeared!  Well I suppose I have disappeared, as I am in New Zealand.  That small country of two islands, and a tiny island at the bottom.  Out in the middle of the Pacific.  One could easily disappear here.  So much bush and impenetrable mountains.

We arrived last Wednesday afternoon, and set off the next morning to drive to Wanaka.  First stop, Geraldine, on the Mt Cook road.  And a coffee at our favourite cafe, with its beautiful gardens, looking very inviting on a perfect day.
And I waited patiently for my coffee, inside the cafe.  My jacket certainly  matches the painting.  And the face too.
And then we continued on our journey, along the nearly deserted roads, except for the numerous motor homes.
A perfect day for viewing mountains, which stood out clearly against the blue skies.
Mt Cook!  Normally very elusive behind thick clouds.
Plenty of tourists standing on the edge of Lake Pukaki, trying to get the perfect photo of Mt Cook.
These two tourists very generously wore black clothes and posed for me!
We continued on our way to Wanaka, stopping for lunch at Omaramara,  where we competed for ice creams with passengers of two tourist bushes, and then through the Lindis Pass, until we arrived at Lake Wanaka.

No comments:

Post a Comment