Sunday 23 November 2014

Rain, rain and more rain

We were woken up at 5am this morning by the sound of the car alarm.  No not a car thief, thank goodness.  The cause we think was the very heavy rain falling onto the bonnet.

And it is still raining heavily, and will continue to do so for the remainder of the day.  And for this coming week as well.  In fact the weather has been fairly wet for a few weeks now, and gradually getting darker during the day too.
And we are going to be here for the whole winter, no escape to the sunny summer climates of Australia and New Zealand for us either.  We will have to stay put in the northern hemisphere.
So what to do.  I could clean, repair and paint the cornices in the study.  Or have a good clean out of the books in there.  Or dust under the desks.  Or read all my photography books thoroughly so that I can use my camera more effectively.  Or read the novels stacked up on the dresser.  The list is endless.

But right at this moment I need some sunshine. Just a little bit.  Now I could go to Bluewater, the shopping centre where there is permanent artificial sunlight and plenty of sparkling lights.  But that is not real sunshine.  

I will just have to listen to the sound of heavy rain on the conservatory roof.   And be thankful that at least I do not have to be in a school anymore, with children getting ratty because they cannot go out to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment