Sunday 27 March 2016

Lazy Days

When I look at the photographs below, I realise that I have not been altogether lazy during the past ten days.   However, for me, I have been sitting around more than normal.  Yes, I have had a cold, nothing really bad, and certainly a few days of warm, sunny weather will cure it.   

We have had, I think, three days of days of sunshine in the last ten days.  Mostly it has been grey and dreary.   Yes 'dreary' is the new word that AcuWeather uses to describe grey days, when there is no sun, wind, rain, hail, snow or anything really.  Just 'dreary'.   

Easter Sunday.   I cannot complain that today has been dreary, in fact we have had wind, rain and hail.  And a little sunshine.   At the moment the dogs are sleeping in the warmth of the house, Walter is reading and I have a blanket covering my legs as I write this blog.  Roll on summer, I say.  

Ten days ago we travelled to Kensington High Street, by train and tube, so that Walter could renew his Dutch Passport.   Everything went smoothly, and he was delighted to find that new passports are now for ten years rather than five years, as before.  Walter has two surnames, his birth one, and the name the Australian immigration officials gave him on arrival in Australia, in 1953.  Van Dam belongs to his step father, and it was just too complicated for the officials, so they lumped the whole family down as van Dam.  Imagine that being done at any Border Control now.

The sun was shining on the day we travelled to Kensington High Street.  Very warming, especially when we sat by the sunny window of a very upmarket cafe to drink our rather excellent coffee.   

The church in the photograph below looked stunning in the sunlight.
We caught a bus back to Victoria Station.  Great view from the top front of the bus.
Victoria Station, looking a little forlorn amongst the massive redevelopment taking place around the station.
The two photographs below were taken at an event three weeks ago, namely Emma and Steve's combined 40th birthday celebrations.  A fantastic evening, with great company and plenty of dancing.

The photographs below were taken by Steve's friend, Dave, and posted on Steve's Facebook page.  My photographs turned out blurry and distorted, which was a pity as it was such a special night.
Emma, Steve, Jackson and Isabel gathered together in order to cut the birthday cakes, three of them.  All delicious.
Emma and me.  Our youngest child has turned forty.  Where has the time gone to.
Emma, Steve, Jackson and Isabel have flown off to Adelaide, Australia, for the holidays.  A quick visit, to be sure, but really exciting, and I know they will enjoy every minute of it.  There will be a great family reunion too, with Darren and Donna now living there.

Meantime we are dog sitting, Bobbi and Jezzie, and lizard sitting, Jeff.  Always a pleasure.

The dogs having a snooze on my chair.
They especially love running around the sports fields, which is a less muddy than the woods.
I have finished this patch of garden,  hedge cut down low, cultivated blackberries tied up, not very elegantly I know, and everything weeded, manured and composted.  Now to tackle the rest of the garden.
I cannot put it off any longer.  The dogs need a walk, and the sun is shining, so fingers crossed we do not get wet.  This morning we got caught in a hail storm, and they came back very wet and bedraggled..  They do not like cold and wet weather.   Real woosies.   Yesterday I had to literally drag them out.   So here goes .....

No comments:

Post a Comment