Saturday 11 December 2010

At home

I am lying on the couch covered in a rug and hot water bottle. I think I am getting a cold! Welcome home!

A great flight back on the airbus and the added bonus was the plane arrived here with all its engines.

The first shock was Heathrow - dirty floor, a long wait at Border Control and an even longer wait for our luggage to come off the plane. We waited 10 minutes in the bitter cold for the hopper bus to take us to the hotel. When it arrived it was full of people and luggage and the driver was angry so he drove at a reckless speed around corners and slammed his brakes on whenever he had to stop. The foyer of the Premier was full of people waiting to go to the airport. Then I had the worst cup of coffee ever, it was all flat milk and very little coffee. I felt very depressed!

Thank goodness life improved after that. The room was great, shower even better and the bed very comfortable. The melatonin tablet worked a treat and I slept soundly all night. And of course everything looks so much better in the morning. The full breakfast was very good and certainly one of the best I have experienced. Then Donna arrived to collect us and we had a surprisingly easy trip back on the M25.

The snow still lay thickly on the ground around here, and I should have taken a photo of our back garden but thought I would do so today. Typically, it started to melt and today it is nearly all gone. So no photo. There are still piles of it in carparks though.

It is great to be back with Donna and Emma and the children and we are looking forward to seeing Aaron and Kylie and children next week. Then Darren and Billie arrive with their two, plus Karen and Rhys so it will be all go. Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment