Tuesday 18 December 2012

Technology - more of it

I thought I would just test out the uploading of photographs onto Blogspot, just to make sure that I cannot upload photographs, and lo and behold the photograph popped up onto this blog within seconds.    No notice to say, 'Whoops, no web space left, you have finished your 1 GB of free allowance and you need to purchase more space'.    Which I cannot do of course, due to my Wallet Account being closed, and Google insisting that I get the bank to 'reverse the chargeback'.   See previous blog.

I have, of course, sent the Google Wallet Team three emails, and no response, but someone must have pressed the magic key, because here I am, in full swing again.   For how long I do not know, but in the meantime I am a very happy person.    So to celebrate I have posted a photograph of our house with the new retaining wall at the side of the property.    

The full details of the wall can be seen on my new website.    Please click on the following link, and it will take you directly there.     www.retiredkiwibird.com/diary   

Yes, I have another website now, developed as I thought I would never be able to upload photographs onto Blogspot ever again.    I pay for the new website, which is not much, and it is a very good, and easy to use, with UK telephone back up for advice and support.    If anyone is interested the address is www.1and1.co.uk

I have really enjoyed putting together the new website, as it is different in layout, and suitable for short blogs, with a picture.  This website requires a different approach to writing, which I know I will have to work at.  All in all it the initial experience has extended my IT skills.   And the process keeps the brain active, which is so important, once one becomes a person with 'freedom'.     It is so easy to use that 'freedom', doing nothing much, which I am quite good at, or playing computer games all day, or reading the paper for hours.

If you are interested in looking at my new website, in its entirety, the link is www.retiredkiwibird.com         

In the meantime, I am really happy to be able to fully use Blogspot again.

No comments:

Post a Comment