Wednesday 19 November 2014

A Moan

I must get this moan out of my system.  And the best way is to put pen to paper.

During the past few weeks we have experienced frustration, distrust, amazement and disbelief.

We went through a period of blaming the country, the politicians, British attitudes and the downturn in the economy.

But in reality we were hit by three organisations that gave us the runaround, and were not very honest about their actions.

The first organisation, the local Skoda dealers, who did not have anyone in their service department, who could locate a new ECU for our Skoda.  They had an out of date catalogue and when they typed in the model number of our Skoda, the answer came back as 'this model does not contain an ECU'.  So instead of contacting Skoda.co.uk, they gave us answers such as  'It has been ordered', 'It will be here on Friday'.  'It has not arrived yet'.  And of course it had not been ordered at all.  What liars. Their most recent excuse was, 'We were short staffed'.  Go on, pull another leg.

The second organisation, the motorhome repairers, have have had our motorhome for five months and it is still there.  Initially they blamed the delays on the length of time it took to get quotes and parts from Italy, then their excuse was they were having difficulty locating a roof panel. But five months!   Does it take that long?  A definite case of inefficiency, I think.

And finally the telephone company.   I know the problem regarding the telephone was my fault, as I tried to get it unlocked before a trip to Australia. And the phone was only two months old and locked to a network called o2.   I had not been told it was locked to the network as part of the contract and if I tried to get it unlocked it would invalidate the warranty and permanently lock the phone.  So when I changed networks, guess what, I could not use the telephone with another network, even though my contract had finished with o2.   But honesty in the matter.  No.  Everytime I rang I was told someone senior was dealing with it.  Finally a brave person informed me that the phone was permanently locked to o2.  Maybe I was naive when I entered into the contract, but at no time was I told about the 'locked phones policy'. Nor about the conseqences.

Moan over.   I need to move on.  

And I have a new phone, paid up front, and no contract.  And it is unlocked.  I made sure of that this time.

And the motorhome should be finished and ready to be collected, next week.  Let's wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment