Friday 31 December 2010

Playgrounds

On Tuesday, Billie and I took Jay and Jespa to what is meant to be a fantastic playground in Danson Park, Bexley, only to find the gates to the playground locked. According to the security man, this was for health and safety reasons. However, there were only a few patches of snow around, and no apparent reason for locking a playground, except meanness on the part of the council.

There were a lot of frustrated parents with children who needed to be outside in the fresh air, and a playground seemed to be an obvious choice, so most people jumped over the gate. Sadly I tried and found myself with one leg on either side of the fence (due to the long coat and big boots hampering me) so thought it best so stay on the outside and watch Jay and Jespa from there. They were very happy and very muddy. I took the above photo looking away from the playground as I looked dodgy enough standing on the outside looking in, without taking photographs as well!

We visited another playground (in Orpington) the previous Thursday. The snow was thick on the ground and no locked gates. Obviously Bromley has a different attitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment