Friday 31 December 2010

Technology

My computer crashed at the beginning of the week so I paid a man £30 to give advice over the phone in order that I reconfigure the computer. Once started, the instructions were on the computer in front of me but that is how computer technology works - you pay someone to give advice. I had to reload everything back on again via memory sticks (took ages) so now I have an external back up system (somewhere in cyber space). I have more security on the computer so that 'bugs' do not get in and play havoc, which is what I think happened. I now have the laptop working again with even more software on it and it is even better so I am very happy.
I have also bought a new BlackBerry (BlackBerry Bold) which is fantastic, so fast and more to play with and use. For the past few months I have only had a very basic contract which allowed 100 free texts, no free telephone calls and no internet (I thought this is what I should do seeing that I am a pensioner!). Thank goodness I saw reason so now I am on a decent contract again - back to free texts, telephone calls and lots of internet. It costs money of course but pensioner frugalness can only go so far. This also applies to good wine and coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment