Monday 13 December 2010

Winter

The good news for me is that I did not get a cold, it was all in my imagination. I still have the hot water bottle against my back as I write this blog, in order to keep my warm, but I have dispensed with the blanket! I went for a half hour walk in the woods this morning, and spent much of the time trying to stay upright. The snow has frozen and the paths are covered in ice. It looks very beautiful.

I don't how the moles can be so active at this time of year. As well as the 15 molehills in the front lawn there are about 10 in the back garden. When I walked on the grass at the front I could feel the tunnels undernearth the surface. I have only just reseeded the lawn so am not impressed.
I have lots of leeks and cabbages in the back garden so intend to make soup tonight. By the time I had pulled the leeks out of the frozen ground my hands were also frozen. There is also a fog (freezing) which does give the garden a mysterious feeling to it. Walter has gone to the nursery where our motorhome is stored. Our BMW is also there, and won't go because the battery is flat. Walter has called the AA so hope he does not have too long to wait, although he is rugged up. Oh for some NZ sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment