Tuesday 6 December 2011

Point Lonsdale

I realised when I came to visit Rudolf and Connie this year that they actually live in Point Lonsdale, not Port Lonsdale, which is where I tell everyone they live.     Just a little technicality, but very important when you live here.     There is no port, but Point Lonsdale is in fact on the the point of land as you enter Port Phillip Bay.   Point Lonsdale is opposite Point Nepean.    It is a very narrow entry, and very hazardous, into the wider bay, and the port of Melbourne.

Today I sat in their garden and tried to read my book but I was very distracted by the beautiful plants and the sound of the many birds in the trees.
 The cool shade of this tree is a welcome relief on a hot day.    
 We also went for a drive to Queenscliff, which has a very popular and modern harbour.     Morning coffee tasted all the better, whilst sitting in the sunshine and overlooking all the small boats.   Expensive of course.
 We climbed the tower, which gave us a fantastic view of the area.
 The view looks towards the two points marking the entry to Port Phillip Bay.
A view towards the tower, which Connie and I climbed.    Walter and Rudolf took the easy option, and took the lift.
A really beautiful day,

No comments:

Post a Comment