Wednesday 21 August 2013

Improved sleeping, we hope

A trip to Ikea.   Even on holiday there is always an Ikea to visit.    We decided against the Swedish meatballs.   Not really French.   But they are there, in the restaurant.   100% beef, we hope.  But I digress.

The reason for our visit, was to purchase some more padding for our beds.    We had looked before, and decided that spending 200 Euros was unrealistic when we only use the beds for a few weeks a year.   But as we had saved money on tolls and a hotel coming down, we thought we would spend the extra money on adding to our comfort at night.

A topper for the double bed, which I have taken over, as my bed.   Although the mattress is still firm, the padding on the springs was starting to become a bit thin.  The topper should do the job perfectly.
Walter has a new mattress, for his single bed, in his little cubbyhole.   I know, I do feel a little guilty sometimes, but only sometimes.    There used to be bunks in this area, but with the help of Hans, the bunks were cut down, and a single bed created.   The idea was that we would have turns at sleeping here, but that never happened, due to me refusing to take a turn.   Once I had taken over the double bed, there was no way I was keeping to the original deal.   Squatter's rights.   And Walter being a gentleman, he has not insisted on his turn.   Thank you Walter.
 After spending 200 Euros we will sleep in great comfort tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment