Thursday 16 January 2014

A day in the life .......

A day in the life of the van Dam family at Aldinga Beach, pre heatwave.  Coffee on the patio, under the umbrella.

 I tried on Scott's sunhat complete with net.   The small sticky flies are so annoying, especially as they are attracted to the eyes.   As tempting as it is  I do not think I will wear it when out walking in the morning.   I will look a little over done.   Instead I will continue to wave the flies away, like the other walkers.  I do not want to stand out.  I must say though, the net certainly is more effective than corks hanging down from the hat.
We ate fresh oysters for dinner.   They were the most delicious, ever, even better than Bluff oysters.    Sorry New Zealanders.    I only remembered to take a photograph when there were five left.
 The remains!
JD and Elvis acting reasonably friendly towards each other.   Well for a few minutes anyway.   JD baits Elvis who then jumps on him, and gets into trouble because JD is an old cat.   But JD does it on purpose and positively glows when Elvis gets into trouble.
I am trying to water the little patch of lawn, using water from the rain water tank, not from the town supply.   Just to let the conservationists know this.   I am hopeful that we will get some balmy days, when I can lie on the lounger under the umbrella.   This has not happened yet.
Scott, dressed in his motor bike gear, already to go out on his brand new white bike.   Just a little too hot for motor bike riding at the moment.
Our white toyota rental car.   Of course it has to be white, in order to match all the other white cars here.    Goes well.
Walter and Darren sitting in the car at the beach, while the rest of us go swimming.   Lazy people.  
 A storm arrived, in the evening just as we decided to go for a swim.   But all we received were a few lightening flashes over the hills, and a few drops of rain.  The sea was very murky and churned up though.   Not good for swimming.   I kept a good look out for sharks!  I am sure it was a perfect environment for them, dusk, warm and murky water.
And so life continues, in the van Dam family, at Aldinga Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment