Sunday 19 October 2014

A trip to the shops.

A long way to travel for a shopping trip.  But here I am in Houten, the Netherlands. And more than ready for a spot of shopping. 

So one morning last week I set off.  After a cup of coffee, of course.   I needed a boost of adrenaline, before I made an attack on the shops.   I had to make my own coffee as Walter was in the UK and Aaron was at work.  My coffee skills have improved dramatically, during the past week.  Amazing.

At Houten, the railway station was nearly deserted, as everyone was either at work or school.  Great.
After a short trip, the train pulled into Utrecht Central Station.  Which was still in a mess due to massive construction work.  Will it be ever finished?
And I walked into the modern shopping centre which led from the station to the streets of Utrecht.  Hoog Catharijne.

The aim was to start buying Christmas presents, but after seeing the mid season sale signs I knew that I would return with some clothes for me.
I never left the shopping centre of Hoog Catharijne.  Except for lunch in the caffetaria of Vroom and Dreesman, a department store, which had a wonderful view of the city centre, and The Dom.
Well I managed to buy a grey, part woollen, tailored coat, drastically reduced in price, and a pair of dark pink trousers and two pairs of grey trousers. The Netherlands is a trouser dreamland country for women, with great cuts and designs. And as many Dutch women are tall, I never have trouble finding clothes to fit.

Didi is my favourite shop here.
Then I travelled back to Houten, feeling very happy with my purchases.  Especially the dark pink tight trousers.  Very swish!

No comments:

Post a Comment