Tuesday 28 October 2014

KidzCity, Utrecht

I have been back home for nearly a week.  How time flies.  So I thought it time to write a blog about my trip out with Mia, Abi and Raphy.  To KitzCity.  A colourful, cheerful place with plenty of activities to keep children occupied for the day.  And very clean.  In fact spotlessly clean, unlike some of the soft play centres in the UK.

We left the house in heavy rain.  Not a good start to the day.  We parked our bikes in the parking area at the railway station, and I hit my head on one of the upper parking racks.  Then I could not get the ticket machines to accept the coins when I tried to buy tickets for the children.  After trying three machines, someone behind me pointed out that I needed to press 'Pay Cash' in order to get the machine to work.  Silly me. After that all went well. 

The journey to KidzCity, only two short train rides, was very easy.  KitzCity was in a very large building in a light industrial area.  We walked up about three flights of stairs, where we were nearly blinded by the dazzle of the lights.  So exciting.
The dodgems were a highlight.  Mia steering hers with expert precision.
Abi trying not to connect with the car in front.  Very skilful.
At first Raphy kept turning the wheel too hard so went round and round in circles. But after a while he managed to drive in a straight line.  He just loved it.
I nearly climbed up the stairs, so that I could slide down with Raphy.  But sense prevailed, as I am not so great at getting up from a sitting position these days.  But the temptation was there.   In the end Mia took Raphy down with her.  A lovely high and long slide.  It did look fun.
But I did go witn Raphy on the jungle train.  Very slow and sedate.  If a little cramped for someone with long legs.
There were plenty of other activities, including a huge climbing frame, merry-go-rounds and soft play areas.  But the slide and dodgem cars were definitely the most popular with my three grand children.

We ate our packed lunches at one of the numerous tables there, followed later with chips with lashings of mayonnaise.  Even the coffee was very good.

A really fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment