Monday 1 June 2015

The internet. The bane of my life at times.

I have spent the evening fiddling around trying to get an internet connection, mostly on a dodgy campsite internet connection. It will serve me right if I find I have been hacked, or my identity stolen or our bank account cleaned out.  All because I wanted to write a blog.

I had other plans, such as adding up all the money spent and guessing how much we have left.  I do not think I will be doing any internet banking until I get back to the Netherlands.  Free wifi and dodgy connections seem to be the norm in Sweden so far.

But not to whinge too much.  At least I am writing my blog.  And the weather has been gloriously sunny all day.  I have successfully reversed the caravan onto the site, in four movements, hard lock left, hard lock right, forward to straighten out  and then straight back onto the site.  Even I was impressed with myself.  And there was no one watching either. 
 We are staying on a site called Bredang Camping Stockholm.  A very large and busy site, even though it does not look so from the photograph below.   There are 22 British vans here, 19 motorhomes and 2 caravans being led by a Dutch guide.   They are on a two month grand tour of Scandinavia, and will drive to Finland from here and then back through Norway.   We were very impressed.

The back of the camping ground is beside a very dodgy housing area.  We went to the shopping centre, very run down concrete 1950s development, filled with people who looked very poor.   There was even a women begging in front of the supermarket.  Quite distressing really.  Unfortunately we will have to return there tomorrow to catch the train into Stockholm.
 The other three sides of the camping ground are covered in woodland, very pretty, with paths that lead down to the lake.
So time for bed now, as we need to be up bright and early for our trip into Stockholm.

No comments:

Post a Comment