Wednesday 22 September 2010

Bits and pieces

After hours of discussion, and no divorce in sight, we now have a budget which is impressive. The challenge of course is to stick to the budget. I have also organised spreadsheets which show income and expenditure - also very impressive!
We then proceded to pack for our trip which turned out to be a major exercise. Normally I throw clothes into a suitcase and off I go. Not this time, every item of clothing has been carefully selected and matched! Mind you, the weather in NZ is so dodgy at the moment you have to be prepared for all seasons. I decided that I would continue with the sock knitting and will knit them as I travel around NZ. I wonder who the lucky recipient will be (this Christmas or next Christmas) of a pair of oversized brightly coloured socks. As you can see from the picture the top of the sock is a little large!

We have also had Karen and Reece visit for a few days - great to catch up on all their recent adventures. Now they are off to Munich for the Beer Festival (will join all the other Australians) and then they intend to tour around Bavaria, Austria and Germany. They live and travel in a little Renault 5 camper van and are doing a fantastic job of touring.

No comments:

Post a Comment