Tuesday 14 September 2010

School visit

I went into school today to say hello to eveyone. It was so lovely to catch up on all the news and to see the very tidy (and reorgansed) meeting room. A joy to behold! Great to hear about the work being done by one class on writing blogs. I am very impressed so keep up the good work! I loved going outside to meet all the children and really miss their friendliness and bright smiling faces. It was also great to sit in the staff room and feel relaxed - no work worries! I do miss all the banter and laughter. A retired person has a more solitary lifestyle although I think I will cope, especially as it comes with less responsibility and more freedom. One child asked me when I was going to stop being 'retired' and come back to school. I think the child's perception of retirement is having a holiday, which it is of course!
Or is retirement about holding onto trees, trying to look cool and sophisticated (whilst wearing trainers)!

1 comment: