Saturday 16 May 2015

Watering system

A watering system for the patio.   It all sounded great in theory.    But  more difficult to put into place, in reality.  

Walter built a fantastic watering system for the garden in our last house in Australia.  All I had to do was turn on the tap at the front, to water the front garden, and then turn on the tap at the back to water the back and side gardens.   I would have loved a timer but that was not part of our budget.

Now I have a timer, a flash looking gadget, that works brilliantly.   It is set to come on at 7 a.m. for thirty minutes each day.   But unfortunately the watering system and water pressure do not support the timer.   
I have a very thin plastic pipe which runs along the fence.  Dripper pipes run into the pot plants.  Great.   The problem is that the pipes do not consistently 'drip', the water gushes from some of them, and nothing comes out of two pipes.   For no obvious reason.  Only half of the pipes 'drip',

I also have a sprinkler attached to another hose, and a soaker hose on the rhubarb patch in the top garden.   I need to look after the rhubarb patch.  Yummy rhubarb.

All the hoses run off an amazing four hose attachment.   I love gadgets.

I have two mornings left to sort out the watering system.  I feel a slight panic.

And I realise that it may rain often while we are away, and we will not need a watering system anyway.  But one never knows.   That is the problem.  

No comments:

Post a Comment