Monday 3 June 2019

Camping Manjastre-Farewell

 Camping Manjastre.    Our last night.    Farewell until next year.   Providing all goes well with us during the coming year, that is.   However we will be very sad not to come back again.   It is such a beautiful place and great people and lots of friends.

This afternoon we packed the caravan up, which was very easy as we now have a sun awning instead of a full awning, and we have given away an awful lot of camping bits and pieces.   Life is so much easier when setting up and packing away.

Drinks at the bar this afternoon.   Happy Hour where one pays for a standard draught beer or wine and gets twice the amount of beer or wine.  Good value.   I shared my large glass with a friend, which was even better. 

A magnificent day, weather wise.    And today I went for two swims.

Yesterday we went to the market at La Londe.   Walter bought himself new crocs and I bought a blue plastic tablecloth (three metres) to put on our outside table in Aldinga Beach.    It is much better quality than anything I have bought in Adelaide.

We were able to walk around at a leisurely pace at first and then it got very busy and we could hardly move.   A very popular market.

I also took notice of the buildings lining the main street, most were very colourful with lovely wooden shutters.
More buildings and he succulent plantings along the edge of the footpath.
 A view from the cafe where we drank coffee and watched the world go by.
 Colourful table cloths.    The designs were very imaginative and a refreshing change from the traditional designs.  Sadly no more room in the suitcase, especially as I bought the huge plastic tablecloth.    Perhaps next year.
My morning walk this morning, along the path lined with cork oak trees.
Another view, looking  back towards the vineyards, which are so well cared for these days.   I can remember a time when there was quite a down turn in the local wine industry.   Good to see it looking up again.    Camping Manjastre wine, from the local co-operative, is quite a tasty wine now.
 A view towards to the hills.   My favourite walk in the morning used to be on a path amongst the lower trees, but this year I kept to the road.    Well I have only been walking for the past few mornings.  So if we had stayed longer than I would have started to walk on the track.
And now it is nearly time to go to bed.   Not much to do tomorrow, so will be able to get a walk and a swim in before I leave.

Then it will be a sad farewell to everyone here.    Until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment