Thursday 8 March 2012

Wedding dresses

On Saturday we had a girls day out, looking at dresses for Donna's forthcoming wedding.   Not that I am much use regarding advice in the wedding dress department, but it was lovely being with Donna, Emma and Lucy.    

The wedding dress shop that we visited was amazing.    I have never seen so many dresses and  styles.   I was also amazed at the ages of people looking at wedding dresses.    Once it was the young twenty something looking to get married.    Not these days.   Some of the prospective brides were youngish but many had children with them, or were the more mature types, i.e. closer to my age (take a few years off of course).   All very interesting.

First we travelled from Swanley to Bromley by train, which I found was much quicker than by car, so must remember to do this more often.

Donna and Lucy waiting on the train.
Donna and I looking very happy about having a day out shopping.
After meeting up with Emma, the first stop was for coffee.    Of course.    We needed our caffeine fix before we started.
I forgot to take photos of some of the dresses, obviously too busy taking it all in, or being overwhelmed by the experience. 


I must admit that I am guilty of playing a few games of Solitaire on my telephone, just to fill in a bit of time.  But mostly I did take an interest, and I did make a few recommendations, but left it mostly to Emma to offer advice.   She has more expertise.     


It was a lovely dressing up day for Emma and Lucy too, as they tried on lots of pretty bridesmaids dresses.   Perhaps I should have got into the act too.    Mother of bride outfits perhaps!     The few I saw, were certainly not my style.  And not worth having to change out of my winter clothes.

But on reflection, perhaps I could have tried on a few brides dresses, and maybe Walter and I could retake our vows.    I could have a chance to wear an ivory wedding dress (I think white might be taking it too far), and lacy veil, seeing that I wore a bright pink suit when we got married.    The bright pink was more 60's contemporary, or rebellion, I am not sure which.    Don't worry, Walter and the family, I am just joking.   

Donna has chosen a lovely simple dress, but I cannot describe it, otherwise I would be giving the game away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment