Wednesday 31 December 2014

A Boxing Day Walk

Boxing Day dawned with bright blue skies and weak sunshine.  What a beautiful day.  Perfect for a post Christmas walk.  Fresh air.  Burn off a few calories.  Great.
After a leisurely breakfast, we prepared ourselves for a long walk.  Coats, scarves, hats, gloves. The blue sky and sunshine was very deceptive.  It was very cold outside.

The day was calm, with hardly a breathe of wind.  Perfect for photographing reflections.

A very large mushroom, or maybe it was a toadstool.  I don't think I will take it home for lunch.
A quick stop at the playground,   Luckily no one fell off the zip wire into the mud.
Obviously they have a mole problem here too.  Lots of juicy worms in the moist rich soil.
The bicycle path, deserted, due to everyone resting or having family get togethers.
Mia and Abi trying to see how far they can walk without getting water in their wellingtons.  How I used to love doing that as a child.  And then regretting it, once the water poured in, and I ended up with soggy cold socks.
Running off surplus energy.  Perhaps that is what I should have been doing instead of ambling along the path.
Birds lining the bridge, soaking up the weak sunshine.
A climb up, and now posing at the top.
A glympse of Aaron and Kylie's house, through the trees.  Nearly home.
Walter and I hugging each for warmth.  Now what am I saying to Walter?  'Stop pinching me', I think I said.  A new scarf for me.  Thank you Margaret.
Back home again, to the warmth of the house and a nice cup of coffee, and a Boxing Day snooze on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment