Monday 29 December 2014

Lunch out. And plenty of food.

Abi, Raphy and I decided to go into the railway station in Utrecht for lunch.  Yes lunch at the railway station.  A little bit bleak, I know and not altogether comfortable.  But delicious chips, freshly cooked, hot, and with lashings of mayonnaise.   And eaten with a little plastic fork.
We then shared a frickandel, a long skinless dark-coloured meat sausage, deep fried. And best not to know how it is made.   I would like to say that it is a Dutch delicacy.  But many people here will disagree.  But Raphy and Abi love them.

After our lunch, which we ate while sitting on the large box that held a very large Christmas tree,  we went to a comfortable cafe for cake, which we shared between the three of us.  Plus coffee for me and apple juice for Abi and Raphy.  Delicious.
After a visit to a couple of toy shops, and a play on the slide at Vroom and Dreesman. For Abi and Raphy, of course.   I think I would get stuck somewhere in the tunnel on the way down.
Then home again, in time to get the pillowcases ready for a visit from Father Christmas.  Such excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment