Sunday 25 September 2011

Renovations

I must say that our house looks much, much better since it has been painted. But not by Scott and me as we realised it was going to be a massive undertaking, and too much for us. Instead we hired a painter to do the job. And what a job it was too. I certainly appreciated the work done by the painter after painting the back wall. The three sides took 11 tins of paint, 55 litres of paint and this was just one coat. Scott and I used 2 1/2 tins on the back wall. What a lot of paint! But the house looks very smart.
Finally I have a fold down clothesline on the side wall of the house. A Hills clothes line too. It is only small one as the alternative was a very long fold up clothesline which would not fit on our wall. When I researched the problem of clothes lines on the internet I drooled over all the different sized fold up clothes lines available in Australia but we do not live there. There were very few options here, and the Brabantia one was a rotary look alike attached to the wall.
I am a very happy person. I really like my fold down clothes line. Now I no longer have to look at the awful rotary clothes line in the back garden. There are now clean lines, and an unspoilt view in the back garden, except for the tennis ball on top of the spike where the clothes line used to be. This is in case I change my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment