Monday 12 September 2011

Signs that jump out at you!

On Saturday evening (and I was not drunk) I reversed the car down our road and into the 'No parking, private road' sign which one of our neighbours erected on the corner of the road.

Luckily there was no damage to the car, and Lucy and I managed to push the sign, which is on bollards filled with concrete, back up.

The picture below shows a near empty road (work day) and the sign which Walter and I pushed closer to the fence. The sign was further out when I reversed into it. I blame the sign of course.

There are 6 houses on this part of the road plus the entrance to Joydens Wood. 5 of the houses use the road for parking, with a total of 18 vehicles (14 cars, 3 vans and 1 trailer). Two houses have driveways so at least 4 cars are not on the road all the time. Then you add cars belonging to visitors. And our motor home, when we are loading/unloading it. A negotiating vehicles nightmare, especially for people like me!

On Saturday evening the road was bumper to bumper full of cars on both sides of the road, even the two driveways had cars in them. And I had to reverse down the road between the cars, until 'wham' I hit the sign.
I hate that sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment