Sunday 28 July 2013

Jeff on his own

Jeff spent two nights on his own, while we were away visiting friends.   I left two containers of water, lettuce, dandelion leaves, small pieces of carrot, and pellets for him.   And hoped for the best.    

When we returned this afternoon, Jeff was standing in front of his window looking out at the world, and he had eaten all the green food, half of the carrots, and a little of the pellets.   He is obviously not keen on pellets.   And had paddled in the water.  

I hope Jeff was pleased to see me.   He certainly was overjoyed when he saw the crickets, covered in calcium powder, and made a quick dash to grab them one by one.   Not a fair chase really as the crickets were a bit weighed down by the powder.   I then gave him three more crickets as a reward.  

Jeff was very active after that, and tore around his vivarium trying to catch imaginary crickets.   In the photograph below he is balanced on the log, all ready to pounce on an imaginary cricket.
And now I must get him out for a short while, while he is sleepy, and will not run out of my hands.   I do not fancy looking for a lost bearded dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment