Tuesday 5 April 2011

Catching up with old friends

We had lunch today with a group of people that I met when I first arrived in the UK, 19 years ago. As I haven't seen some of them for a number of years, we had plenty of news to catch up on.

I remember the first day I arrived at SJF School on a one year contract. I was surrounded by so many strange faces and accents, and I felt very lost and unsure of myself. However, the warmth of the people at the school soon made me feel one of the team and very welcome. Consequently I stayed on, and on, and on and in the end resigned from my position as a teacher with the SA Education Department. A decision I have never regretted.


So it was lovely to be with some of the people from SJF School today. This is one of the delights of being retired and having time to meet up with people.

Lots of news to catch up on! Serious discussions about travel and places visitied!


Catching up on old times, children and grandchildren!
Looking forward to meeting up again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment