Thursday 7 April 2011

Spring Cleaning

The weather was absolutely glorious again today so we had a major cleanup of the motorhome. Walter borrowed a ladder from a neighbour and ventured up onto the roof, and I am pleased to say that he survived the experience. It was a very slippery job! But the roof looks very clean so we can hold our heads up high when we venture into the camping grounds next week. I had a major cleanup in the cupboards so hopefully we will be better organised in that department. I have started cleaning up the garden, and thought I would be logical and begin with the back shed. I threw out about 10 pairs of gardening gloves - mostly stuck together because the rubber had perished. Why did I need so many gloves? Perhaps they multiplied on their own. Then I became very distracted by all the blossom and the need to check up on all the lovely plants I received from people when I retired last year. And they are all growing brilliantly. I think we are going to have a bumper crop of plums. This hedge always puts on a wonderful show of white blossom! I just could not resist the temptation so I sat for a while (quite a while) in the sunshine! The joys of retirement. It was so peaceful, except for the sound of one lawn mower in the distance.But soon I will be sitting in a meadow rather than a lawn. The grass is so long you can hardly see the mole hills. I must not get so distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment