Tuesday 19 April 2011

Cleanup in the garden

The weather was glorious today so I knew that there was no putting off the very pressing jobs in the garden and the preparation for the small courtyard transformation. I have been tripping over the tin of paint and wall repairer stuff for more than two weeks. So I put together the tools of trade, mainly the electric hedge trimmer, as I knew that the clematis needed drastic measures.



Of course I was a little distracted by the back garden, which had been tidied previously. All the seeds are in the vegetable patch, fighting the moles, foxes and local cats. Everything looks fresh and green. Unfortunately the clothes line is most unattractive. It will not fold down and Walter assures me it was not cheap. I could have easily spent the day lying on the sun lounge soaking up the sunshine.
The cherry tree in full bloom. The cherries will be plentiful, although very sour, they are great for stewing and using with ice cream. The birds love them! The small courtyard will soon get a makeover! I hope it all goes well.The arch covered in clematis and honeysuckle waiting to be tackled with the hedge trimmers.After decimating the creepers the arch is very bare but hopefully my hard work will result in a wonderful show of white flowers next spring.Off to the tip with the conifers which were cut down two months ago. The tip has been closed due to renovations (new tarmac). Walter made four trips today to make up for lost time.
This weekend has been allocated to the task of repairing and painting the wall in the courtyard. But how to camouflage downpipes, a water tap, a drain and a hose that is permanently attached to the tap. These very necessary items do not fit into my landscaping dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment