Monday 25 April 2011

Painting the wall of the house

My fingernails are torn to shreds but I have completed the painting of our part of the south wall of the house. Thankfully Scott contributed a fair bit to the painting, especially the high parts as I am not keen on heights. He also did not mind sitting on the conservatory roof in the heat. Thank you Scott.
The beginning - The untidy and tacky wall of the courtyard.
For those people who live down under, this is a closeup of pebble dashing. Scott starting to paint, which required dabbing rather than brushing. Very painstaking and tedious.


I repaired all the holes in the wall. I ignored Scott's advice which was to push little pebbles into the plaster so that the finished job would have the same texture as the rest of the wall. I agree with Scott in theory on this one!

Scott developed a sun tan on top of the conservatory roof. The wood is the remains of a previous owner's attempt at building a pergola. Sadly we have many dodgy repair jobs on the bottom part of the house walls. We have ignored them for nineteen years.

I am also sitting down but in the shade!

The work is complete! Not much you might say, but the wall took two of us seven hours to paint. Dab, dab, dab. Tedious! Looks very good though.

Then I decided to wash the conservatory roof. Walter bought a new ladder which changes into a platform. Fantastic for jobs like this.

Finally we hung the wall art that Emma and Steve gave me for Christmas. Looks really good! Perhaps I should have painted the downpipe to match the wall.

Where was Walter while all this painting was taking place? He kept well out of the way! He did make some lovely rhubarb and orange jam which was successful because he did not have me giving unwanted advice.


And the other three walls of the house. I think we will get a quote to have them done by someone who can spray paint the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment