Thursday 7 April 2011

The house in Bromley

The outside of Emma and Steve's house is nearly finished. This week I cleaned out one of the sheds and cut back the ivy. After numerous visits to the local tip I have become very friendly with the operators and am an authority on all their rules and regulations, which there are many. I only encountered a couple of very small spiders. No redback or huntsman spiders in this part of the world, thank goodness, but they would have loved all the hiding places in the ivy and old shed. I remember the seemingly hundreds of spiders lying in wait for me during cleanouts in our gardens in Australia. I am not a lover of spiders! The back garden is now ready for landscaping. In the right hand corner is the luscious patch of rhubarb. The painting is nearly finished. Just the bathroom left to paint. The front is all finished. Emma and Steve are now experts on painting pebble dashing, apparently you really have to duck the stones that fly out unexpectedly. They have done a grand job though.

No comments:

Post a Comment