Tuesday 17 January 2012

Sunset

This evening we waddled off for a walk, full of fresh plums and nectarines, the latter were taken from a tree which over hangs a walkway.    They always taste the best.

I wore my very best and very new leather thongs (flip flops, jandals).   Emu brand.    I bought them in a little shop in some town we travelled through.   They were a really good price, $10.   A bargain I thought and just perfect for the south of France.

Walter, Darren, Jay and Jespa lining up for a photograph, all wearing more appropriate footwear. 
 Jay trying out her fence walking, just as the sun was beginning to set.
 The setting sun beginning to light up the sky.
 A huge ball of fire.  And then it finally it sunk into the water.   That is what it looked like anyway.
 Then all the clouds suddenly reflected the last rays of sunshine.    It was a spectacular sunset after a very hot day (39 degrees).
Jay and Jespa, minus their shoes.    They have tough feet.   We walked back along the beach.
 A close view of those amazing cliffs.
 And an even closer view of the soil on the cliffs.   Very odd.
 Then the sand ran out, and we had to walk on the limestone rocks.   Jay and Jespa ran over them in bare feet and I stumbled along in my leather thongs, which by now were wet leather thongs.
 Luckily there were some patches of thick sea weed, which made less precarious, but very soggy.
 
So now I have a pair of not so new, wet leather thongs.   I am sure I have ruined them.   But I can be thankful that I did not break any limbs.  

A health and safety warning.    Do not try and walk over limestone rocks in leather thongs, or even rubber thongs for that matter.    Unless you are irresponsible or mad.    Like me!

The sunset was worth it all though.   

No comments:

Post a Comment